Tuesday, August 6, 2013

MY THOUGHTS ON RELIGION



 MY THOUGHTS ON RELIGION
The recent story of the pastor’s daughter who converted to Islam has being on the social media, for some weeks now, most Muslims displaying her pictures on Facebook with pride. I really don’t know why there is so much hype about her story, she is definitely not the first Christian to convert to Islam, or if I may say not even the first pastor’s daughter to convert to Islam. Her story only became popular, thanks to the social media. The same also applies to Muslims who have converted to Christianity. And also Muslims and Christians who have converted to other religion like Grail Message , Eckanka, Buddhism, AL Krishna, Matasini, Guru Maharaji, Ekist, Traditional worshippers, sango, Uchi, etc.  I really don’t understand the reason or reasons behind this disdain for each other’s religious believes, the arguments sometimes goes  on with so much bitterness, debate upon debate, analysis here and there of how, one religion is better than the other. Some have concluded in their hearts and aloud those going to hell and the lucky ones to go the paradise. Infact we have stories of people who died , came back to life with tales of those they saw in hell and messages from important people, including some known pastors, who are burning in hell. Then we have boko haram, in the Northern part of Nigeria, killing innocent people in the name of religion. How merciful is God! When I see the way people present their arguments on superiority of one religion over the other, I wonder, who amongst these preachers was present when any of the Holy Books which they so defend was revealed and first published. The answer is rhetoric: nobody! Yet we have all been born to believe the content of these Holy Books, BIBLE:  that Jesus is your Lord and personal Saviour, Jesus Christ died for our sins, HOLY QURAN: Prophet Mohammed (SAW) is the last Messenger of Allah, there is only one True God and we can pray to Him directly. ECKANKA: You can communicate with God through sounds. GRAIL MESSAGE: There is nothing like Anti Christ coming at the end of time, the real anti Christ where those who crucified Jesus Christ, they were the anti Christ. I  can go on and on. i have always pondered on these issues, until one day while reading the Quran I stumbled on a verse that said, that no man should judge any other man on his religious believes, only Almighty God would be the judge over that which we differ.

Its based on this that I do not judge others and their religious beliefs, I mind my business. I don’t even share my views unless my opinion is sought and I do it as politely as I can. I always pray that people don’t bring such topics to my doorstep, because i could be so blunt. I speak on my religious beliefs, but I restrain myself to my belief  and those that believe in my faith, without crossing boarders. I wish we all live like this; I wish we stop fighting one another over nothing. I pray we stop the hate, stop the bombing, stop the killing, stop the abusive words. Allow those who convert from one religion to another to freely practice what they so desire. No matter how much you desire to have people practice your religion, you cant convert the whole world into your religion. God is watching us from above, and I believe angry at what his creation (Humans) have turned earth into, a battlefield of words and negative energy. I pray that God opens our hearts to love one another more sincerely, irrespective of our respective religious beliefs.    God bless u all! 

2 comments:

  1. Dear learned colleague, I endorse your opinion in toto. But, you see, I’ll tell you one of the reasons people argue, fight and even kill themselves over religions- “domination complex”! Muslims think they can only be secure, if they are more in number than Christians and dictate to the Christians how they lead their lives and vice versa.
    They are not doing this because of their love for God but just to feel secure by dominating the other. The origin of Christianity and Islam is close; yet, worldwide, Christians and Muslims appear to be the worst enemies. Legal Tips...

    ReplyDelete