Monday, August 19, 2013

THE NEW DRIVER'S LICENCE

For some time now, i have being planning to commence the process of renewing my driver's licence. So i decided to visit the local government close to me today, for the process. when i got there i was told to produce my  current driver's licence which expires on the 1st of september 2013 for confirmation, the numbers on my driver's licence where entered into the system and i was told that it was not registered with the Federal Roads Safety Agency (FRS). in simple English it means my Driver's licence is FAKE! i was shocked, it was as if the ground should open and swallow me. how on earth  did i get a fake driver's licence. i had to take a few minutes to digest the news, i called my hubby first to inform him of my discovery, i expected him to be shocked but he responded calmly, 'only few people in Lagos State have the original driver's licence'. but i remember i got mine from (FRS) so why is mine fake, what a country. its funny that for three years i have being using an unregistered driver's licence, i have used this licence to process lots of documents, i have shown it to men of the FRS, Police, LASTMA etc, yet nobody ever queried it. well i recovered quickly and i was told the requirements, aside downloading the forms on line, i have to go to driving school, get learner's permit, come for driving test and take examination. i honestly do not have issues with the driving test, as far its an authomatic car i would be using for the test, and not the manual lorry given for the test. the process is tedious and hell! why cant we just make things easy for ourselves. well i have to be back to my office to prepare for my case tomorrow. wishing you a lovely week ahead. Godbless. Cheers.

7 comments:

  1. In abuja, you will bring the car you will be tested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read ur blog regularly. Its informative and interesting. Could u please try and punctuate properly for better reading. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your news here and by the way the ponctuation is perfect :-) So if your actual permit would be an original, you don't need to do a test again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The claim that your licence is fake was fraud. The question is, when did FRSC commenced data storage of licence applications? Wait for this, application for issuance or renewal of licence is fraught with serious fraud and corruption. It will take eternity to be issued with a new one.That is the shocker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my husband started his process in march, a temporary id was issued to him, and it expires this month. nobody knows when the driver's licence would come out. so i agree with you Ismail its a big fraud. Anonymous@ thanks for your observation. my writings are spontaneous,i write at night when am tired and publish on online. my writings would be edited by a professional in the future before publishing in hard copy. Thank u

    ReplyDelete