Wednesday, October 26, 2011

BUYING LAW BOOKS



I have always wanted to have my family members watch me do my thing in the court room, unfortunately that has never happened, today i felt i was close to having that family attention in the court, when my hubby agreed to take me to the Ikeja High court, the only difference was that i wasn’t in court, dressed in black, i just needed to buy some law books. It was fun having him around, showing him the courtroom where Rev king was tried, the pastor who constantly molested his female members, his last crime was when set them ablaze. It was for his last issue that he was charged to court. The man had so much force around his members. Also showed him some of the court rooms that i had appeared in.



At the back of high court is the location where law books are sold, i needed to get the new Lagos state Tenancy Law and other books to enable me prepare my seminar paper. I picked the first book, valued at twenty Thousand Naira, my hubby shouted 20k! Yes oh! I replied, then as i asked the book seller for the price of another book, my hubby replies if this one is Twenty Thousand Naira, then this one should be forty Thousand Naira, the book seller started laughing, the price was actually close to it. for each area of law needed, the book seller was fast to give me references, she could pass for a lawyer herself. My hubby made jokes out of the whole thing, ‘madam u ought to be a lawyer oh, you are so good, you know all the books ’ ‘ its too late, honestly if i had known i would have read law, but now i leave it for my kids’ she replied.

I bargained, bargained, bargained, sampled prices and at the end of the day paid for some good books.

Law books are quite expensive, but ‘wetin person go do’ if you don’t buy them how will you know the position of the law on different issues. Books are every lawyers greatest assets. We cant help but buy them. I enjoyed this outing with my hubby he made the whole buying and bargaining fun.










No comments:

Post a Comment