Friday, October 28, 2011

REFLECTING ON LIFE AND........


REFLECTING ON LIFE!

Yesterday i had my high points and low points. I woke up just feeling happy and grateful to God, bounced into my office with a camera on one hand, i needed to take some pictures. My staff had a good time laughing, i allowed them to laugh their heads out, as i took different pose. I could be the strict boss but today, i just played things down a little. After much laughter we got down to business and thereafter had lunch together. I insisted we ate together, for me i don’t see anything about this life, whether you are rich or poor, big or small we are  all equal in the eyes of God.

Patience is a peculiar staff, the first time we had lunch together she was just 3 days old in my firm, we both ordered for our separate meals, when it was served, she lamented about the quantity, and asked if mine was ok, for me, i replied that it was ok for me. Patience just nodded her head and said ‘ Barrister please don’t be offended, this food is just too small for me, i need more’ No problem, you can ask for more. She did ask for more, and as she ate, she just kept talking about her huge appetite for food. I like people like her who are honest, down to earth and open. I am happy that i have her working for me.

Now back to yesterdays’ activities, my low point began when i received a call reminding me of Engr Nwankwo’s service of songs taking place in the club house. Engineer Nwankwo died two weeks ago, his death was a shock. This man had attended the estate monthly meeting, which takes place every last Saturday of every month at the club house. Our last meeting was on the 30th Sept 2011, he died two weeks  after that meeting in a motor accident on his way to Abuja, leaving behind a wife, children, mother and siblings. At that meeting his voice was heard, his contributions considered and implemented. If anyone had told us that,  this would be the last time he would be having a meeting with us, none of us would have believed.


The invitation to attend the service of songs just brought back memories of my deceased loved ones, very recently was Mr Darlington, my Aunt, my grandfather. I decided to play some lawn tennis before attending the service of songs. While playing lawn tennis, that’s when i began to really reflect on life. What’s the hustle and struggle for? Why do we hate one another? Why do we keep malice? Why are we jealous of one another? When at the end of the day we cant live forever on earth. Why do we find it difficult to give and forgive? Why do we accumulate so much wealth on earth, when one day you die and leave everything behind? Why are women crazy about gold? Why are we crazy about cars, a big house, expensive cloths? Why? To me there is nothing in this life. The whole thought going through my head began to really affect my game, then when i heard the Christian mourning songs flowing from the club house into the lawn tennis court, I almost broke down in tears.

I asked myself a sincere question can i really attend this service of songs. If i get there i am very sure that i would cry more than the bereaved. My tears may not be just for late Engr Nwankwo, it will also be for my dear friend, my aunt and my grandfather. Sometimes i wonder, do people really see life the way i see it. Life is easy, if we take things easy. Life could be fun,  if we learn to relax our mind and body and let God take control, life could be filled with challenges but with patience, your challenges become history. Life is a gift, a blessing an opportunity to reach out to people.

Unfortunately i was not tough enough to attend the Service of songs my hubby did, but when i got home, i had my bath, prayed, and listened to verses from the Quran. I love meditating, this was the time to do so. I prayed for everyone, my family and my loved ones (deceased), especially Engr Nwankwo and his family.


I sincerely believe that to please God, all you need to do is to help others and love your neighbours as yourself. Giving water to people attracts huge blessing from God, giving shoes, cloths and food to those who need it is awesome. Remember that as you count your designer shoes, some don’t even have slippers to wear, as you lament about your poor wardrobe, some don’t have cloths to keep warm. Lets learn to love one another, and ask for forgiveness from God, because no one is perfect, no matter how hard you try, you cant be 100% correct with God. This is my view on life, i keep reflecting, praying, meditating ................. God please direct us, forgive us, bless us, grant us long life on earth, and open the doors of paradise for us after our time on earth is over. Ameen!



STAY BLESSED
  




2 comments:

  1. Dear colleague, I apologise if you feel offended by the fact that I have commented on about three of your posts today alone. But, I must confess that I am moved by the content of this your post. I cherish your attitude to life. I know you are a Muslim and I'm a Christian but we seem to have the same mindset. You see, I also want to say that your attitude is typical of most Muslims- taking this world as a temporary place. This is a plus for the Muslims and I usually appreciate that in them, unlike my own people. Christians believe so much in this world- get carried away by cars, houses, comfort and what have you. Your post has motivated me to make a decision in setting up a blog, in addition to the one I already have, where I can express my thoughts on a number of things like you. The Bible says we bring nothing to this world and we would carry nothing out of this world; yet most Christians worship material things when they claim they are worshiping God. I'm not judging them because I'm as imperfect as others but saying things like this may help us to correct our ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no offence at all. u spoke your mind and i appreciate u, for reading my post and commenting Godbless u.

    ReplyDelete